The Radulski Family's European Adventure

A brief look into our lives... We are currently stationed in Belgium, so we have lots of adventures on a daily basis!

Name:
Location: Overijse, Belgium

Monday, August 27, 2007

DAY FIVE: SANTORINI, GREECE
O.K. So after a wonderful, yet LONG day at Ephesus, I really had no energy to site see again today. Even after watching the ship sail into the caldera of Santorini, Greece. It was a BEAUTIFUL site, one I will never forget. However, all the prep work I did before the cruise told me it was easy to get up to the Old Town area, but it could take hours to get back down. I didn't think Dylan would last through another day, so I decided to stay at the pool with him. Dan however, really wanted to see Santorini, and so did Ethan. I gave them my blessing and saw them off from the pool deck. The ship was empty, as most everyone went ashore that day...but Dylan and I enjoyed our time by the pool, and we had alot of attention from the cruise staff! The following pictures were taken by Dan and Ethan during their day on Santorini.


These are a few of my pictures of Santorini, taken poolside on the ship!


Once Dan and Ethan returned to the ship, Dan admitted I was right. There are only two ways to get from the ship's tender to the city...either by funicular or donkey trail. Dan and Ethan took the funicular up in the morning because there was no wait. However, on the way back down, the wait for the funicular was over two hours long...so they decided to walk the donkey trail back down. He said is was covered with donkey poop, and he ended up carrying Ethan on his shoulders because he feared Ethan might get trampled by the charging donnkies! To remember their trip, the guys bought me a souvenier snow globe of a donkey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home